Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I'm back in the contiguous United States. I ended up extended my stay in Anchorage for a few extra days as I was having far too much fun visiting friends and gallavanting around my home town. It was wonderful to be able to catch up with the friends and family I haven't seen for a year. Now I am back in Bend, Oregon where my parents live. My brothers, Dayn and Drew, are here as well, and it feels so nice to have at least part of the family together. I have missed them so much. I hope you like these pictures. They aren't in chronological order.



Dayn and I went spelunking today in Boyd Cave here in Bend. It was incredible! This is Dayn crawling out of one of many small holes. We were pretty dirty afterwards.

This is us toward the back of the cave. We used the flash on the camera.

On my last day in Anchorage, some of my best friends and I went out to breakfast at Snow City Cafe. From left to right we have Debra, Jannell, Emily, me, Rachel, and Jessi.

Dayn and I had a really cold, windy hike back to Rabbit Lake. Hooray for Alaskan summers!

This is at the Alyeska Ski Resort. Jessi had a free night's stay at the Alyeska Prince Hotel, so the 5 of us got to spend the night there for free (the hotel is not pictured, just God's creation). Left to right - me, Jannell, Jessi, Lauralee, and Melody.
Dayn and I went backpacking at Williwaw Lakes with some friends. I love the Chugach.


P.S. After putting all these pictures online, I noticed that my brother Dayn appears in more than a few of these pictures. This is because Dayn and I do a lot of things together, and we are both not working this summer. Perhaps you are wishing you appeared in more. If you weren't working this summer and lived near me, I would probably include you in a lot of pictures as well.

3 comments:

jessi said...

ah, good times, good times.

I miss you, and so does Noelle the cat. She's heartbroken.

Thanks for the chai - fantastic in the morning, even better at night.

Daylan said...

thanks, jessi. i miss you too, and i miss having a mysterious lump in my bed that occasionally moves around with a quiet motor running. not you, the cat. you are lovely. and i'm glad you like the chai. it smelled irresistible, so i didn't (resist, that is).

KeriAnn said...

Daylan, too bad i'm a loser and didn't try harder to get in touch with you while we were in Or/Wa area. Your summer looks fabulous and i'm so thrilled for you to have such a good time with family and friends.