Sunday, September 17, 2006

Hello everyone!

I just wrote a wonderful update on my week, and then the internet went down and it was all lost. So I will sum-up. Things are going well in my classroom. Probably the highlight of the week was making crystal structures out of toothpicks and popcorn. I originally wanted to use marshmallows, and when I asked the man at the store of they had them, he said, "Yes." So naturally I asked where I could find them, and the man said, "We don't have any right now." I laughed. The experiment was a little more difficult with popcorn, but everyone enjoyed being able to eat their structures at the end.

Yesterday my friend, Heather, took some of us out to Rift Valley Academy to visit for the day. This is the huge missionary kid boarding school that is about a 45 minute drive out of Nairobi. It was beautiful, and we had a really good time. We took our new car too! It is a Nissan Sunny, which is like a Sentra but with the steering wheel on the other side. It drives great, and we paid cash for it. 580,000 shillings, split 4 ways. That's about all the news I have for now. Hope you all enjoy your week!

1 comment:

Cherie Rainwater said...

Hi Daylan! Your blog is awesome. I can't believe you're in Africa. Africa! Wow! With giraffes! I'm keeping you in my prayers. Any specific prayer requests? Take care, talk to you later! --Cherie in Portland.