Saturday, February 03, 2007





Sorry, this is kind of an old post, but I didn't have time to publish it before. Enjoy!

Hello to you again!

I'm trying to post a few pictures, but my signal strength is not very good at the moment. On Friday night, my roommate and dear friend Kayla and I hosted the 6-8th grade youth group at our school. It is mostly kids from our school, but there were a few kids who were not. We don't have the largest living room, and with 35 (that's right, thirty-five) middle schoolers in that room, it was a little cozy. And noisy. But we had such a good time. It's such a blessing to be able to have a ministry with them outside of school. You can pray that Kayla and I would be able to really challenge them and make them think. The youth group is every Friday night, and we are hosting it for the month of February. We are blessed to have such awesome kids at our school, and I think they enjoyed "crashing" their teachers' house. They left quite a mess for us to clean up.

On Saturday (Feb. 3) Kayla and I went hiking up Mt. Longonot with our principal and his family. It was a beautiful day, and there were lots of people out hiking this dormant volcano. Kayla and I hiked to the rim of the giant crater, and then we hiked around the crater a ways to get to the highest peak. It was so beautiful, and so nice to get out of the city. The pictures I am posting are from the hike. It was a simply gorgeous spot and so worth every minute of the challenging hike. It was impossible to make it to the top without some scrambling, and our hands and knees suffered a little on the descent. All and all I we came out with just a little blood, and a whole lot of dirt. And I like dirt =).

1 comment:

jessi said...

You make me want to be a hiker.

And dude, that's saying a lot!