Thursday, September 13, 2007

I am giving these pictures a second attempt. About two weekends ago, Heather, Kayla, and I joined a bunch of friends at Heather's brother, Bryan's house. He lives and works at a place called Mayers Ranch. It is a beautiful place, as close to paradise as I have ever been, perhaps!

Kayla and me beneath the acacia trees

The pond. They bottle water at the ranch.


me, Kelly, Kayla, Heather, and Hannah

Bryan, Hannah, Chris, me, and Heather about to have lunch





Kayla and me in the ginormous fig tree



My roommies (Kayla and Heather) and me in the fig tree





Heather beneath the fig tree. Told you it was ginormous!






4 comments:

Heather said...

That's a big tree!

jessi said...

We're never going to get you home, are we?

Stop going to beautiful places in Africa!

Timtak said...

I shall take the liberty of quoting you..."Mayers Ranch. It is a beautiful place, as close to paradise as I have ever been, perhaps!"

It is kinda famous for being a place where one can meet Maasai and for being the subject of an antropological essay called "Maasai on the Lawn," which sort of argues that tourist venues are designed to juxtaspose the wild with the civilised, the English garden with the Maasai village, to enhance and yet tame the wildness of the latter and create a "tourist reality" or hyper-reality, or surreality, that is not necessarily "authentic" but gobsmacking.

Even Angels Fall said...

It is a beautiful place. one of my favourites!